t024 talks about their latest release ‘Cedarwood & Tangerine’ in exclusive interview

https://www.instagram.com/t024.0fficial/

Currently signed to Reff Records, the label is established underneath the ideal of ‘support and backing for music’. The idea itself is something that leads in comprehensive music content, planning related to the artist production and artist management. Reff Records does not only contribute to the creation of new cultural trends through music but also through all related genres such as fashion, design, art and spread the positive influence of music and inspiring diverse communities through varied inspirations. 

Specializing and well known for their own take on alternative pop – r&b genre, t024 is an artist that is able to delves into the realm of easy listening music. Skillfully reinterpreting classic sounds from the 70s and 80s, New Wave, Synth Pop and Collage Rock. Their compositions have been referenced and characterized by a poignant sense of nostalgia, coupled with intricate narratives that welcome their listeners with open arms on an emotive journey.    

Through their candid lyrics and heartfelt melodies anyone can relate to, t024 (To Twenty Four) is made up of the duo Senji and Nap!er. The moniker that is t024 comes from their shared ideal of crafting music tailored for the animate hours between ‘2AM and 4AM’. A time period that is synonymous with heightened emotional experiences often within this particular timeframe, it holds a significant allure for the duo. Encapsulating the essence of the precious moments and profound sentiments they seek in order to convey through their musical compositions. 

Senji and Nap!er debuted back in 2021 with their EP [ leftovers ], the EP itself contained the duo title tracks ‘leftover’ and ‘tinman’. The EP also consisted the following 6 tracks: fox, leftover, polar night, facing the moon, get over (feat. g0nny) and TINMAN. 

Often celebrated for their groundbreaking creativity and innovation, Senji and Nap!er recently unveiled their latest single and fan favourite track “Cedarwood & Tangerine”. The song itself being everything the duo stands for, from positively intoxicating blend of ephemeral, vivid and exclusive nostalgia. “Cedarwood & Tangerine” is a track that cultivates the t024 ideals of invoking olfactory sensations through a multi sensory experience powerfully and simply blending the power of music with the evocative nature of scent. 

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by 𝐭𝟎𝟐𝟒 (@t024.0fficial)

t024 Latest release ‘CEDARWOOD & TANGERINE”. 

The track itself expresses the trembling moment found within the fragments of ones memories, when asked about the track itself and the reasoning behind the meaning of the song, the duo would explain; 

“The key thing here is definitely the scent. You know how sometimes you randomly smell something and it just takes you back? Like, it brings up a picture in your head or a certain vibe, even if you can’t pinpoint all the details. I thought that was super interesting and it’s actually what got me to write this song. It’s all about those good vibes and memories that come flooding back because of a scent.” Says Senji, the singer songwriter of t024 about the inspiration behind the latest release of “Cedarwood & Tangerine”.  

A post shared by senji (t024) (@senjirivers)

(Above) Senji of t024.

Following the question, the main producer of the duo Nap!er would also add his own thoughts to the question itself and explain how he feels about the track. “I am satisfied with whatever emotions listeners feel upon hearing our music. A perfume with a lingering scent doesn’t mean necessarily have a very strong top note. Similarly, moments without such longevity can be even more precious. In music too, the depth and duration of emotions of each listening experience brings can vary. I believe that if there are emotions felt, every moment has its own significance and value.” 

A post shared by Nap!er (t024) (@napiereal)

(Above Artist: Nap!er). 

The track ‘Cedarwood & Tangerine’ includes lyrics that many individuals face either within their relationship or post breakup, something as simple as a perfume scent or a candle that always bring you back to a certain time period. Wanting just one more moment with that same person or wishing something could have been done differently as can be seen within the following lyrics: 

“Cedarwood & Tangerine. My Head is full of you. Stained on my body, ma body. It cannot be erased. 

Your Cedarwood & Tangerine. The only thing you left. Forgetting the day. Forgetting your name. 

But the rest of the scent will stay with me. It’s always gonna take me back to you.” 

Facing The Moon Official Audio by t024. 

A further description and understanding can be seen through other releases by t024 which emphasizes their ideals of the emotions felt between 2 and 4 am when it comes to heart break and relatable feelings for individuals within their twenties and those entering their thirties in their song ‘facing the moon’ that was featured on their debut EP [ leftovers ]. 

“I just went through another breeze, you still give me just a whole lot of feels. And I know this is just another dream all alone facing you.” 

When it comes to music, t024 invites Kpopmap readers and intrigued listeners to explore t024’s music further and find a connection with their music, informing that more music releases are already on the way and being prepared. With elements of intertwining nostalgia, auditory delight and relatable lyrics. 

While anticipating the next release, t024 invites readers to check them out on their favourite SNS (Social Media) or Music Streaming Platforms such as Spotify, t024 Official YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok and X (Formerly known as Twitter) and to check out their official content and MV’s below, including leaving them a comment on what they think about the tracks!

‘Cedarwood & Tangerine’ Official MV. 

‘Complete Me’ Official MV. 

‘leftover’ Official Music Video. (Debut). 

‘FFY’ Official Live Clip. 

This article was created by a Fan Writer and posted without edits, according to our guidelines. Views expressed are solely those of the Fan Writer and not representative of Kpopmap.
Hey Chingu! Yes, You! Do you want to write about your bias too? Try it out! It's easy-peasy! [button] Go to write!